Friday, October 19, 2012

thistle and weed.

It's Friday already, I can't believe it. This week was so off right from the beginning since all day Monday I was sick in bed feeling like I was tapping at Heavens door. I know that sounds so dramatic but seriously guys, I laid in my bed thinking, How can someone possibly feel this sick and still be alive. My throat was so disgusting, I will spare you from the gross descriptions and pictures of it. Really, you should thank me. 
 Tuesday was the 16th and I think anyone who knows me knows that that day was a delicate one. It was a quiet day spent with my family, I didn't cry all day, Im not sure I really "tried" not to cry, but I just didn't. I was strong maybe, maybe it was all of the cold meds, I dont know. However, the next day....I cried three times. One of those times I walked into Brennas room to tell her something and she was sitting on her bedroom floor cutting a t shirt or something and for a brief second I thought she was Alyssa, I took a quick breath almost like, excitement and then realized the truth and then.....started crying. I am going to see her again one day. This I know. For while I am here, my mission is to make sure everyone knows that she was here, to make sure people feel loved, to be an encouragement and a light.
 This stinks...I thought the sickness was gone, far away gone, and this afternoon, I'm thinking...maybe not so much. Every time I swallow I feel that little lump in the back of my throat and I feel achy. And now, Brenna and Lucas are getting the funk.
 Keep the earth below my feet. Mumford and Sons.
 Keep my eyes to serve, my hands to learn. again...Mumford and Sons.
 Going to see them on November 10th. I will cry, I know it. Not because Im celebrity struck because honestly, I don't really care about that kind of thing, but I know I'll cry because of the lyrics that will be flowing from that dudes heart. I always have this thing happen to me when I am in a situation surrounded by people, if I see that they are super happy, or something really awesome is happening for someone, or the vibe is just screaming happiness....I cry. My mom always used to tell me that I was too sensitive, I dont know if Im "too" sensitive but I do feel like I take on others feelings to almost a crippling point sometimes. I think Corbin has it too. Ive seen it happen to him.
 I will love with urgency and not with haste. Mumford and Sons.

 Right, so here is a quickie view into the past week in our house.


sick.
photo (7)


photo (18) 





 majorly delicious food made by Synthia



  photo (19)

photo (20) 



andddddd got to get up to go get Brenna from the train station, that was fun!









  photo (22) 
some of us on the 16th.


photo (23) 

 Brenna. Holding on to a little clutch that Alyssa had crocheted. I know why this picture is so special.

  photo (24) 

 us.    


photo (25) 

 So while I was so sick I got caught up on Downton Abbey. Brenna....there is a fella for you somewhere out there like him. (not his character on the show though, he's not such a nice fella)

  photo (26) 

 Farley. The dog with the most nicknames ever.

  photo (27)

[home]school is in session.

  photo (28)

photo (29)

photo (30)


there is nothing I love more than waking up to this kind of stuff.
  photo (32)

Luke thought he was so funny putting his freezing feet in my shirt.

  photo (33)

really Farley?

  photo (34) 

 xoxox

1 comment:

  1. oh amy. i hate my stupid blog reader. i never get your blogs even though i've subsribed a million and three times. sorry you were feeling so yucky! hope everyone is on the mend.

    and i just wanted to let you know that i cry ALL THE TIME. i cried during chorus concerts when i was a kid becuase of the power of the music around me. i've cried marching in parades with the american legion because of all the patriotism. i cry during sad tv shows. i cry during happy times. it's ridiculous how much i cry. big hugs to you my friend.

    ReplyDelete

l.o.v.e.

Bloggishness